Planning Your RV Holiday

How do I decide which vehicle is best for me?

When planning your RV Holiday, the type of vehicle you choose to rent depends a lot on how many people are traveling together, and the size of vehicle that is easiest for you to drive. Our MHA units with one or more slide outs are the largest units.  These have a maximum capacity for 4 adults and 2 children and feature a queen size island bed, twin over-cab bunks and a comfortable seating area.

Our deluxe van conversions (DVC) are ideal for 2 adults, while our midi Motorhomes (MHB) are very popular, accommodating up to 4 adults and two small children.

Our Super Van Conversion (SVC) will comfortably sleep two adults and two small children.  This vehicle has a queen-size rear bed and a bathroom with a stand up shower.

The Truck and Camper (TCA) offers great value, with all of the amenities of the motorhomes. This camper is a great option for couples or even if you have a small child with you.

How do I get a quote and make a reservation?

Please go to our Request-a-Quote page to get real time pricing and availability for your desired vehicle type, dates and location. You can then book your RV vacation online with a $500 deposit on your Visa or Mastercard. Full payment is required 30 days prior to pickup.

You are also welcome to call our Toll Free number from anywhere in North America at 1-888-608-8766. From outside North America, we can be reached by phone at

Do I need a special driver’s license?

All you need is your regular valid drivers license. Minimum age for driving is 21 years. Drivers between 21 and 24 years pay a higher insurance deposit at pick-up. Only persons named on the contract are permitted to drive the rented vehicle.

Do I need Insurance for travel in USA?

Travel to USA is permitted at an additional cost of $10.00 per night. Travel to Mexico is not allowed.

Do we need to bring camping equipment?

We offer an optional “Convenience Package” that includes linens, cooking wares, utensils, etc. to make you comfortable on the road.

In addition, we rent camping chairs, electric coffee makers, toasters, and GPS units to help make your trip more enjoyable.  We strongly suggest that you book these items before pick up to ensure that they are available.

Can we drive one-way between Calgary and Vancouver/vice versa?

One-way reservations are available at time of booking, and subject to payment of a one-way fee.  The door-to-door distance between our stations in Calgary and Vancouver along the Trans Canada Hwy is very close to one thousand kilometers.  You need to allow at least 500 kms for side trips, and probably an extra 1000 kms via Jasper and the Icefields Parkway and Lake Louise/Banff.

How Far Should I Travel in a Day?

The average distance travelled by our Guests each day is less than 200 kilometers. Some days more, some days less, depending on the scenery, weather and overall itinerary.

Speed limits are 90 to 100 km/hr in Canada (60 – 65 mph), and 55 mph (90km/hr) in the States.

Take your time on mountain roads where there are long grades, curves and tunnels.

Guests normally stay one or two nights at each campground, or longer if there is some special interest, event or attraction. Our smaller-type campers (DVCs  – 20’), and Truck/Campers – 21’’ TCA) tend to cover more ground, as compared to motorhomes that are larger (24’-33′ – SVC, MHA and MHB) and are slower.

What to Take on the Road

Weather conditions in the mountains can change dramatically. While you want to pack light, be sure to include a rain jacket and warm sweater. Take runners or light boots if you are going to hit the trails. A few pairs of wool socks are always handy. A cap is good in summer and off season. A packsack and knife is a good idea. If you are planning to have campfires, it might be useful to bring your own axe to chop your wood.

Fine Dining on Wheels

Supermarkets such as Safeway, Superstore, Sobeys, No Frills and Overwaitea, are located in major centers, with fresh meats and vegetables wherever you travel throughout Canada. Local produce is grown all over the West. You will find cherries, peaches, grapes, apples and pears in the Okanagan. The Lower Mainland is ripe for raspberries and strawberries. Corn is available from Chilliwack, Sorrento and Taber in August/September. Whip up peach pancakes, poached salmon, rigatoni with fresh Italian sausage from the local merchants, braised tenderloin from Alberta beef, snow peas and garlic. Salivate over fresh berries with whipped cream. Look for delicatessens along your way.

Non-electric coffee makers are included. Try a pound of Tim Hortons roasted ground for a jump start each morning. Pack dried fruit, nuts, chocolate and juices. A cooler with ice from local service stations is a good way to have extra storage and for cooling beverages.